To lodge a complaint, please complete this form and email our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing as many details as possible.
In New Brunswick, anyone representing themselves or practicing as a social worker or registered social worker (RSW) must be registered with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers (NBASW).
Everyone receiving the services of a registered social worker is entitled to be treated fairly, respectfully and ethically. While the majority of social workers in New Brunswick abide by these standards, occasionally situations arise that result in a complaint against a social worker.
The New Brunswick Association of Social Workers’ (NBASW) objective is to uphold the integrity of the profession and to ensure that the public receive the services of qualified and competent social workers.
If you would like to talk to someone about the conduct or behavior of a social worker or someone who is representing themselves as a such, or about the NBASW complaint process before lodging a formal complaint, please contact the NBASW Registrar at 506-459-5595, (Toll Free) 1-877-495-5595, or by email at email@example.com.
What the NBASW cannot do
- Any questions regarding the collection of the use of this information should be directed to the NBASW Registrar.
- All correspondence from the NBASW Registrar will be sent to the email address you have provided.
- A complete copy of the Complaints Form will be sent to the social worker for a response.
Please ensure you have done the following:
- Provided the full name of the social worker involved. (*If there is more than one social worker involved in your allegation, please complete a separate allegation form for each one).
- Provided a complete, detailed description of the complaint.
- Provided your name and contact information where you can be reached during the day.